Monday 4 July 2011

Task 2: Group 2's Lipsync - Everybody Get Up



Reflecting on the task:
To practice our lipsyncing before our final workshop, we had to get into groups and do a practice lipsync of the song. For this task, I worked with Jess and Charley.
Being the type of person who naturally sings along and dances along to music, I thoroughly enjoyed this task, and am really happy with our outcome.
The task itself consisted of us learning the lyrics, performing the song, filming eachother and editing the song together. The hardest part of the task in my view was learning the lyrics and then performing them - it's quite hard to learn and rap a song - especially one originally sung by males!
The performance was really fun, but much more tiring than I thought it would be! Lipsinging is much easier and makes it easier to perform, but as we learnt from Jake Wynne, we had to properly sing out loud to make it look believable. This made the task much more exhausting, and we found ourselves taking a lot more breaks and breaths than we first thought we would!
I also really liked editing our footage together, and it showed me how music videos have to be cut: from long shots to close ups, from different angles all the time. I especially like the beginning of our video, with the two shots cross cutting in a quick, choppy style, to match the beat of the song and reflect a generic music video.
When viewing the final video altogether, it looks as though all three of our lipsyncing is actually pretty good and believable (despite the male voices). There are parts of the song which we may have messed up, e.g. where we forgot the lyrics, but that can definitely be improved on in the future. Plus, as Jake taught us that we should film the whole song from different set ups, it meant that if we got the lyrics wrong in one shot, we could easily get footage from another shot instead.

----------

Audition:
From this task I realised I really enjoy performing and lipsyncing the song, and I would like to be a girl who has a few dance routines. To be honest it doesn't really matter who I am cast as, as the video itself is mainly of the band members of Five and everyone is a part of the big dance number, but it would be nice if I could be someone such as 'the girl in black', as I can easily find some black clothes in my wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment