Wednesday 19 October 2011

Initial Ideas for our Music Video: Potential Costumes

We pitched our treatment for our music video for the song Stripper by the Soho Dolls, and after discussing with our teachers and peers, we decided that our 'glam rock' styling seemed like a good idea for our performance aspect of our video. We decided that we didn't want to include too much leather or tight clothing, as we don't want to look too sexy. We wanted to look more edgy and high fashion than anything, still keeping with the predominant colour of black.
Below I've added a picture of some clothes I have at home, and two potential outfits I could wear:


Both outfits include the same belt, skirt and jewellery, but the tops differ. I have decided to wear my black netted skirt and thick studded belt to keep in the 'high end fashion glam rock' theme, and accessorised with multi-chained necklaces, chunky rings, dangly earrings and platform stiletto heels.
The first outfit includes a printed vest top with black and white photographs with red and blue highlights, still keeping in with the rocky theme. This look is more casual and young.
The second outfit though contains a slouchy long sleeve glittery jumper, with horizontal detail. It is quite hard to see that the material is glittery in the image, but the jumper is slightly sparkly, adding to the 'glamour' part of 'glam rock'. The fact that it is quite baggy and the sleeves have been rolled up also reflects the outfit I will be wearing in the paint scene (see below) giving me a slouchy, slightly messy but girly look.

--------------------

For the narrative half of our video we will be painting, so as a group we decided that we should wear jumpsuits or dungarees, as painters usually wear full length jumpsuits. However we still wanted to add that high fashion to our outfits, as shown by my outfit choices below:



So for my paint outfit I have chosen to wear denim dungarees, with an oversized pink shirt with the sleeves rolled up. The first outfit shows when I just wear the clothes normally, with both dungaree straps on my shoulders, and my shirt buttoned up. The second outfit however shows that slouchy messy side (as mentioned above with the second performance outfit) with a loose grey tshirt underneath, the pink shirt open and tied in a knot on the side, and one of the dungaree straps fallen on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment